[stp-dev] pre/post edit transformators for the XEF editor

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I added a mechanism to the XEF editor that allows you to register data transformers that can modify the data to be edited with the XEF editor before its actually given to the editor and then transform it back before its written out to disk (or whatever you use to store the data) again.

This can be handy if you want to use the XEF editor to edit XML files that have a different format than currently supported by the XEF editor. It would even make it possible to use the XEF editor on non-XML files. So it opens up the possibility to use the XEF editor for many different types of files, as long as what is being edited can be described using XML Schema (XSD).

I'll be adding some examples for this stuff over the next while and will update the documentation as well.

Feedback appreciated :)

David

Back to the top