Re: [stp-dev] Working items for ServiceCreation and SOAS

Hi Johnson,
The basic functions for jax-ws are already there. we are focusing on how to improve its usability.
* Handler wizard
Add a new wizard to support user to write a jax-ws handler.

That would be useful!

*JavaFirst refactor.
Apache CXF guys are going to write a new tool called java2service to support POJO/Java First.
Once that added, we need to rewrite our current Java first approach to use that tool.

Is this a new extension point?

*Monitor integration.
We are thinking about integrating the tcp monitor plugin (which comes with wtp). Once user click the monitor check box before run the client/server, they should be able to see the soap or http packets sent on the wire from the monitor view.

This is would be very useful - watching the XML messages going by is a vital
debugging aid for interopability tests.

***** Deployment Framework ********
We have identified some issues for SOAS. Here are works to improve its extensibility and usability.

* Unit tests
None unit tests in that subproject as of today. We are going to commit unit tests along with updating/modifying it's codebase

* Workspace based deployment.
The current deployment is based on individual project. It should be changed to let user select multiple services from workspace, thus they can deploy soa network in one step.

*Logical Package -> Service Descriptor
If we rename 'Logical Package' to 'Service Descriptor' , it will be more easy to understand.

*WTP fully integration.
We only finished the first step of integration before Europa, which allow user to deploy SOAS generated war file to tomcat server defined in WTP.
However, user can't see the deployed war from wtp module view, and start/stop that module within eclipse. So we need to continue working on that to bridge the STP service package and WTP module.

This will benefit for the jbi integration as well. From what we saw last time, the ServiceMix/Fuse server is integrated with WTP server framework already.

*Connection Profile
Once we fully integrated with wtp server. we can remove the connection profile code from soas to only use wtp server instead. Thus we won't depend on DTP anymore.

Ok, this is all good.

*Spring Container
Since spring container is popular as a light-weight web service container. We should looking into integrating spring container with WTP server frame work as well. (Maybe already exists?)

Check out what the Spring IDE guys are up to http://springide.org/blog/  - there may
be something interesting there that could fire some ideas.

*Network View
After deploy, we want to show a real time network view to the user. it lists all the servers and deployed services. There may be something that we could bring in from the other projects.
It is a low priority task however.

There may certainly be some code already here in WTP and in TPTP (perhaps!), it
would be good to take a look at what is there.

It would be a good idea to write each of these pieces up in a little more detail to
form the basis of a plan for the web site.

 best regards
   Oisin
Registered Number: 171387