[stp-dev] STP - BPEL and BPMN scenarios

Hi all,
The thread that Bill kicked off [0] got some positive
in that thread, Bogdan mentioned two classes of SOA
developer - the Business Analyst/Modeller and the
Composite Service Developer - that strongly depend on
the BPMN and BPEL technologies. I think that we should
put together some scenarios that are relevant to these
guys and work an integration with the BPEL project and
STP to deliver them. I'm sure you're all keen to do
that too :)

I have two basic scenarios in my head now:

1. Composite Service Dude - uses BPEL editing capabilities
to create a BPEL file, can deploy it to an engine and
can step thru it, debug it, etc.

2. Business Analyst/Modeller - use BPMN editing capabilities
to create a process model, can generate BPEL code from it,
then deploy it to an engine.

We have nearly all the pieces here, what do you think?

I wonder if anyone has actually tried doing something along
these lines already?

  --oh

[0] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/stp-dev/msg00386.html

Back to the top