Re: [stp-dev] JAX-WS Introspection Support for STP (also ask for help)

Hi Howard,

Howard Gao wrote:
I've started working on the JAX-WS introspection support. Please see the following link for my sketch design.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/JAX-WS_Introspection_Support_for_STP

Any comments are welcomed.

Just on point (3) - the JAX-WS osoa paper is fairly light and there will
most likely be more work put into that in future, but it's a reasonable
starting point to thrash out some ideas about how the introspection can
start working. It will serve as a good way to learn how the core framework functions too.

One word of warning, though - the SCA assembly specification, which
defines the model for components etc, has moved on to a later version
than what we have implemented in the core. At some point we will have
to level up to the current version!

Of course, we'll have to develop a much deeper level of knowledge
of how the current implementation works first.

I also have difficulties understanding the Introspection framework, especially after I have written a trial introspector, I never have had my introspector being called. Can someone give me some information on where to find more resources on that?

No doubt you have already looked at http://www.eclipse.org/stp/cf/
which has some information - also in the tests for the core is a
a trivial PropertiesComponentTypeIntrospector that will build a model
from a set of properties in a properties file. If you debug through
this it should give a stronger insight into how the model operates.

There's always this list too - the authors are here :)

 --oh

Back to the top