Re: [stp-dev] Re: [tptp-testing-tools-dev] Call 4 Comments: ALF-enabling TPTP P roposal

I would like to be in this discussion, can we do it as a meeting extension to the f2f on Wednesday for STP? I get EclipseCon
on the Tuesday...

Carl.

Antony Miguel wrote:
There have been a lot of discussions going on recently to do with SOA and from our perspective to do with the agents and their APIs. I think that all these discussions are going in absolutely the right direction but I'd like to bring up that a lot of these separate aspects of TPTP and the separate discussions going on are actually very interrelated.

The TPTP Choreography component had a broad goal of converting TPTP to use SOA / BPEL to have the various components interact. I think that Bob's proposed ALF-ization of TPTP is a good step forward but that we need to have all the necessary people involved now so that we can get the right top level view.

In particular from our perspective I'm talking about test APIs, model APIs and agent APIs all being made accessible as standardised generic APIs (via SOA) so that the core of the project can become a workflow engine like STP B2J and so that generic UI can be built across just these APIs. Our drive for this is that we really want to move away from point APIs for things like agents but we see a lot of value in exposing the agents as public API web services.

I think it would be best to talk all this over at EclipseCon and I'll keep an eye out for BOFs but I'd like this general overall chat to be scheduled into a BOF somewhere where everyone that has a stake can attend.

thanks

Antony

Harm Sluiman wrote:

Yes, I think this is a good discussion to have and would be glad to be part of it. Perhaps an easy way to organize ourselves is to post a BOF proposal so a time and place can be arranged. If posted on Sunday, we can all sign up and a location will be arranged, and perhaps even more people will participate.

Thanks for your time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Harm Sluiman, STSM, phone:905-413-4032 fax: 4920 cell: 1-647-300-4758
mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx
Admin : Arlene Treanor atreanor@xxxxxxxxxx  Tie: 969-2323 1-905-413-2323

*"Hawkins, Joel" <Joel.Hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: tptp-testing-tools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/10/2006 10:21 AM
Please respond to
TPTP Testing Tools Project developer discussions

To "'TPTP Testing Tools Project developer discussions'" <tptp-testing-tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject RE: [tptp-testing-tools-dev] Call 4 Comments: ALF-enabling TPTP P roposal

Robert,

My name is Joel Hawkins, and I'm one of the developers on the Corona project (just approved, currently provisioning). We're working closely with the ALF project, and have been doing some work along the same vein as you propose. We're meeting with ALF and with TPTP at EclipseCon to talk about providing a WSDM-compliant OSGi platform for hosting SOA-enabled plugins (whew, that's a
lot of buzzwords), and one of the things we've been kicking around is
WSRF-style access to TPTP assets within our runtime. I'm sure our team would
be delighted to participate in your brainstorming session. Perhaps we
(ALF/Corona/TPTP) could schedule a BOF to discuss how to commonize on an
approach to ALF-inize (ALF-abetize?) existing Eclipse functionality? I'd
imagine the ANT execution environment would be a likely candidate as well...

Cheers,
Joel