Re: [stp-dev] Commit: build/ - Code commit guidelines

Here is the help on eclipse naming conventions.  Our conventions should closely mirror these.

http://help.eclipse.org/help31/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/naming.html

Regards,
Dan

Oisin Hurley <ohurley@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/15/2006 12:47 PM

Please respond to
STP Dev list

STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [stp-dev] Commit: build/ - Code commit guidelines

Ok, I'm making a collection of proposals for naming conventions:

1. Differentiate between API and non-API classes by using a package
name element of 'internal'

2. Differentiate between UI and non-UI classes by using a package
name element of 'ui'

3. Differentiate between test and implementation classes by using
a package name element of 'test'

4. Use org.eclipse.stp as the project base plugin name

5. Use the subproject abbrevs in the plugin names e.g.
   org.eclipse.stp.cf.module

So, the CVS setup would look like (as per Naci's mail):

/releng.stpbuilder
 **
/releng
  /maps