[stem-dev] Testing STEM V4.0

Ahmad,
I did a lot of testing with the latest version of STEM4. It is looking really good.
There are only two things I observed that we should try to resolve before the release.
i) the STEM Add-ons url should be added
ii) the nonfatal conflict between two versions of xText (please see last item below).

Downloadable Climate Data:
STEM Climate Data site still missing from menu.
        See: >Help>Install New Software
        "Work With" combo box should display the following default site
        STEM Add-ons - http://download.eclipse.org/stem/update-site/

        When I paste this url in manually and select it, it does correctly download
        and install the necessary plugins.

Testing Downloadable Scenarios:
BeefArgentina Demo works fine

Ebola metamodel and Ebola2 metamodel both regenerate fine (code generator ok)

EbolaAfrica:
        StochasticEbolaScenario works fine
        Deter(ministic)EbolaScenario works fine

EbolaInWestAF3
        EbolaInWestAF3LVL0 scenario works fine
        Ebola Automatic Experiment FAILED on first Attempt to run with
                An internal error occurred during: "Minimizer algorith".
                org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Invalid registry object
        After Restarting STEM
        Ebola Automatic Experiment worked fine! (I'm not sure what happened.)

EbolaInWestAF3LBL2
        Basic Scenario works fine
        Automated Experiment fails with:
        CVSscenarioLoader: Cannot find FILE: /Applications/STEM.app/Contents/MacOS/workspace/EbolaInWestAF3LVL2/Recorded Simulations/data
        Indeed, the Reference Data folder specified in this downloadable scenario is wrong and it fails because of a problem with the scenario.
        This is NOT a STEM e4 bug but a problem with the properties of the automated experiment configuration. JK to fix.

H7N9 China Scenarios work fine (all three)

MigratoryBirds lattice scenario works fine

Air Travel Edges are back
USA-Mexico Flu model works fine now

Model Generator Testing:
i) Creation of new STEM project works fine
ii) Deletion of new STEM project works fine
iii) Creation of new model gen project works fine. Tested inheritance from SIR
iv) created compartment e
v) added transitions
vi) selected transition (we still see a 'key binding' warning:
Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation. this is an old bug)
vii) When typing the _expression_ for a transition in the _expression_ editor, type ahead works fine.
viii) I am able to create a seasonal flu as per our demo instructions and run it with the demo package for Cuba and Germany.
ix) I see the following non fatal error:
        Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.copy: {ActionHandler(RetargetAction(copy))} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.embedded.TextViewerOperationAction@45a0ba61)}
        I think we may have two versions of xtext installed. We may need both but I expect the action handler needs to point to an explicit latest version....)

Best Regards,
Jamie

IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
email: jhkauf@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 927-2477  (tie 457-2477)