[stem-dev] Topics for discussion on this week's STEM call

1. Plan for V 1.4.1
Date: Dec 14, 2012
Features:
    Bug Fixes from 1.4.0
    Performance improvements
    Polio Vaccination Example
    New STEM Update mechanism ***
    New Food Distribution Analysis view (incubation)
    New Apache library
    New Solvers

Plan for V 2.0
Tentative Date: 4/17/13
Features:
    Bug Fixes from 1.4.1
    Performance improvements
    Graphical Model Design (GUI for code generation)
    Advanced Dengue Example
    Stochastic Modeling - need to watch apach.math.commons library

2. New Documentation for 2.0/1.4.1
* New STEM Update Mechanism
* New Doc on Food Distribution View
* Food Distribution view doc
* Need a doc page describing (or linking to descriptions) of different solvers

3. Feature Request "community model repository"
Discussion from Matthias: What has to be done to create a community model repository including an
option to reuse models elements, e.g. disease model or population model etc.
Will open a new entry in the newsgroup on this issue later as well.

Background: Today we put runnable scenarios on the website but it's not a searchable repository and
it's not a place to put "components". How could we best support this idea?

4. Bug(s) of the week:
372770  Feature Request: Import Discrete Population Transportation Events in STEM (Chris, any update?)
Why would this go in a model and not a scenario?
Need to conserve disease state with Population Migration
Can the external data source models implicitly handle this? If so, is it just a need for documentation?
Would be cool to be able to compose full scenarios by other means including pajek, other file formats etc.

376432 Smart Sequencer that stops if nothing is happening
idea: could we provide a trigger/predicate that if E+I = 0 stop (put in library folder - see above)

5. Dengue Updates from NEA S.

6. ITEMS FROM PARTICIPANTS

Question >From Werner: "What would be interesting here are aspects of disease-control or risks by food- or
vector-borne diseases which might spread let's say from goods inside a container from a remote country."
Yes, the new food borne disease framework should support this type of scenario

Back to the top