Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [spatial4j-dev] End of incubation?

Replying to this old thread...

So as soon as the ShapeFactory / builders branch lands on master, I'll go do the Java package change and then create a release jar to submit to Eclipse/LocationTech.  I'll try to resist the temptation for "just one more thing" :-).    I've been involved in a LocationTech "incubation sprint" this week amongst other projects (e.g. JTS) to try to get our respective projects substantially further along.  I think we should call this version 0.6.  I don't plan on getting this into Lucene/Solr, I'll wait for a release thereafter once Geo3D is in and some other changes.  Perhaps that one will be 1.0.  This release is more of a process milestone within LocationTech then a technical one, although obviously the ShapeFactory thing is a big change.

~ David

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 11:43 AM david.w.smiley@xxxxxxxxx <david.w.smiley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 11:36 AM Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is the request to change from:


Yes.  This would be a good opportunity to adjust the packages more as we see fit, I think.  Like the “core” sub-package is now pointless ever since the solr-spatial-sandbox & some geonames stuff was moved/removed.
Or just the maven artifact ids?

That would change too. 

I vote for ending incubation sooner than later -- even if the release has no real new features

We can choose whatever version number we want.  I suggest 0.6.
~ David
Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker

Back to the top