[spatial4j-dev] Contributing to Spatial4j

Justin,

Thanks for your recent pull requests to Spatial4j!

Spatial4j is undergoing incubation into LocationTech (a part of Eclipse).  And Eclipse has certain procedures that must be followed before I can merge contributions.  I push back on these to make the process easier, but it is what it is, and it isn’t too bad I guess.  Beyond a one-time thing, there is little to do for further contributions.

Submit an Eclipse “Contributor License Agreement” (CLA): http://www.eclipse.org/legal/CLA.php    — which in turn will require you to create an account on Eclipse’s project forge.  Note that you should use the same email address as you use in git (the “author” metadata).

At this point, when you do commits, add the “-s” sign-off flag to git.  This is basically an attestation that you are committing code you wrote, not taken from someone else.  I don’t have to do this as a committer but Eclipse requires contributors to do so.

AFAICT, since the code is still pre-LocationTech, this isn’t a blocker right now but please do this any way.

Thanks again,
~ David

Back to the top