[soc-dev] gsoc 2013 proposal

Hello,

My name is Samprit Biswas and I am a sophomore student at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India of the department of Computer Science and Engineering.

For the gsoc 2013 project I would like to make an eclipse plugin to integrate the K Semantic Framework with Eclipse. K is a rewrite-based executable semantic framework in which programming languages, type systems and formal analysis tools can be defined using configurations, computations and rules. It has been developed by the University of Illinois. The link is http://k-framework.org/index.php/Main_Page.

The Eclipse plugin would mainly involve the ability to edit, compile and execute semantics, syntax highlighting for K modules etc.

I already know java and have been using Eclipse for quite a some time. Though I have not developed any Eclipse plugin, but I have already started reading some tutorials for that.

I would like to know whether I can apply for this project under Eclipse project.

Thank You,

Regards,
Samprit Biswas,
E-mail: sampritbiswas@xxxxxxxxx