Re: [soc-dev] GSoC 2013, Code Recommenders for Javadoc

Hi,

FWIW,
I think that such a generated Javadoc would be extremely valuable for developers to quickly see what patterns exist and how people should use an API - it probably works better for api learners than code completion because one gets an overview of what may be relevant to look at on a per package and per class basis very quickly.
The feedback component could emerge to a valuable tool for framework developers when users start asking questions to API comments or attach snippets and stacktraces to it. The second component may also be of interest (and could be used) for other projects not using code recommenders.

I just noticed that the Scala team has a similar project idea for this year [1] ("Alternative / social Scala documentation") and I'd really love to see this feature being implemented at Eclipse and for Java.

Best,
Marcel

[1] http://www.scala-lang.org/gsoc2013