Re: [soc-dev] Private messages

Project-specific discussion should (must?) happen on project dev lists. Getting some hint in the form of an occasional summary or even having the conversation cc'd on this list is handy and strongly recommended. At very least, it would be very good if we could know that these conversations are happening and where we can go to join in on them if we'd like.

You're absolutely correct though about the general mentor population evaluating students. Copying the conversation here, IMHO, improves the chances for quality students to get evaluated higher.

FWIW, there are numerous conversations happening on the Code Recommenders dev-list. They've done a fantastic job of attracting the attention of students.

Wayne