Re: [soc-dev] GSoC 2013

On 02/19/2013 09:11 PM, Dariusz Luksza wrote:
> I would rather say that involvement in project during (or before)
> student proposal period should be required from students. I'm not
> thinking here of something huge, but simple sings of interested from
> student in participating in project like fixing small bug(s), adding
> micro improvements to code base or simple activity on mailing list
> should be must for accepted students.

-1

Feel free to use this as a personal guideline when ranking student
proposals, but don't make it a general hard requirement.

GSoC has the concept of a bonding period already, during which the
student is expected to interact with the project. If the student is a
no-show, fail him/her then.

Markus

Back to the top