Re: [soa-pmc] STP Termination Time

Thanks for your comments Oisin. Ongoing discussion in the wiki isn't going to work. I'm moving it here.
 Suggest that everything that is marked RESO is archived at least and that we look at the NEW/ASSI/REOPs only.
Some of the bugs are flagged iplog+; I expect that some of the attachments are so-flagged as well. They need to be moved to the right place. For some of them, the big bit-bin in the sky may be the right place.

Bugs that are associated with projects that have already moved to SOA should have already been moved. If not, they need to be identitifed and moved to their current home so that IP logs are accurate

There are a number of bugs there that are related to the operation of the project and, upon termination, will no longer be relevant. We should mark as RESO/WONT and then archive.
+1. That accounts for 45 of the 517 bugs.

(omh) as I understand it, projects that have migrated from STP to elsewhere will need to keep their IPzilla entries, others may be archived, right?
Correct. This should have happened for existing SOA projects when they moved. If any of the "left over" CQs are for moved projects, then they need to be identified.

(omh) b2j, core, creation, system, eid, build should all be shutdown as they are not in operation. model and policy may still be in operation.
We'll make this part of the STP termination.

Please confirm if Model and Policy are still in operation. If so, they need to be moved.

(omh) These are not dead - there is some tiny activity there, especially in .model, which is being used by one company - a new version of this code has been checked into the SOA TLP, but the company is not able to migrate at this time. Validation and policy again are aligned with SOA TLP afaik, so do consult with those guys.
This needs to be resolved. What do we need to do to either move the code, or assist the one company with the migration? I don't this to be a show-stopper; the project needs to be terminated; we cannot maintain it perpetually without an active PMC.