From: skalli-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:skalli-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Ripkens
Sent: Montag, 7. Mai 2012 10:39
To: Skalli project developer mailing list
Subject: Re: [skalli-dev] Assessing Skalli for the requirements of the codecentric AG

Hi,

several months ago I was evaluating Skalli for the codecentric AG as part of my thesis. At that time, I was thinking about using Skalli to improve the project bootstrap process, i.e., automatically configure server-side CASE tools like version control, issue trackers, continuous integration and source code generation. While I really liked where the Skalli project was going, the limited amount of time did not permit contributions. Nevertheless, I wanted to inform you about my findings. Maybe you can use it for the further evolution of Skalli.

Simon pointed out that you are struggling with JIRA configuration: I found that JIRA provides a SOAP and REST web service [1, 2]. For my use case, I had to use both to fulfil the requirements. While doing this I created a component that you may be able to use directly (Apache license) or as a starting point for Skalli [3].

Interesting APIs:

 - JIRA SOAP [4]

 - JIRA REST [5]

 - Confluence SOAP [6]

To get an overview, you can take a look at the JiraClient (combines SOAP and REST interfaces) integration test [7].

Cheers

Ben