Re: [sirius-dev] repport

Hi João,

Le 21/07/2014 09:16, João Martins a écrit :
Hi
I send here the last week report,

In last week I have try to think and do some sketches about the Initializer Wizard, I don't know what exactly I need to ask to specifier but in first Menu I want to give to him the option to do a selection between Diagram Description, Tree Description and Edition Table Description where the next wizard menu can have different option to the different representation.

Extract from the "New timeline proposal message":

The wizard could allow to select one identified pattern (for example the previous Class diagram kind) and configure the expected result: one common delete or edit tool for example.

The “Initializer” will produce a skeleton of representation description corresponding to the selected pattern (default id, default styles, relations between mappings and tools/other mappings).

This image can be the first menu of the wizard giving the user the options I have mentioned before, I give the option to Finish at the first Menu because we can give the specifier to create a simple Representation like I am doing with the command at Bug 438074 - [GSOC2014] Creation of Initializer to VSM and in git link.
Here you present a wizard which shows (a subset of) the new Representation contextual menu. The goal of the initalizer is to help the specifier to define its modeler. . Do not forget your wizard is here to configure your initializer and not to propose all the choices of the Viewpoint Specification Editor standard menu.

This week I want try to finish the sketches this week and start coding all the wizard menu.

I will appreciate any suggestion or option to do in the Initializer because I don't have much experience In Sirius and I don't know well what ask to the specifier to create the representation.

 You started to build a menu/command to create a skeleton of Class/Entities diagram. So the wizard should propose this skeleton (in a combo for example, even if for the moment there are only one pattern/type of representation to propose). On this first wizard page, you could put a message asking the specifier to choose a pattern to use to initialize a representation description, a combo to let him make its choice and a documentation field where you can display some information about the pattern.

Then on a second page, you could propose some options to configure your skeleton: a common qualifier to tuse as prefix for the id of all created elements, an option to create a single delete tool for all mappings or one delete tool per mapping, another option to configure the creation of the direct edit tool (one or many, like the delete tool).

Some question you might have to answer before starting your implementation: how will you make the wizard extensible ? (look into the extension point mechanism, to provide the pattern creation command, a description to present the pattern and some wizard page to configure it)

Best Regards,
João Martins

Regards,

Maxime