Re: [servlet-dev] [jakartaee-platform-dev] What do we exactly dislike in Servlet?

On Sun, 4 Sept 2022, 23:29 arjan tijms, <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With my security hat on, I'd say the new HTTP API / Servlet-Lite should not include any of the authentication mechanisms that are currently included in Servlet (FORM, BASIC, CLIEN-CERT and optionally DIGEST), but should contain an SPI so frameworks can integrate those.

+1

And the SPI should support better forms of authentication as well (oauth etc.)

Back to the top