Re: [servlet-dev] servlet.next Java 8 or Java 11?

On 22/07/2021 16:57, Thiago Henrique Hupner wrote:
I think including a module info would be helpful, and even though it is possible to compile the module info class with a newer version and the classes with JDK 8, probably moving to 11 would be better in this case.

Including a module-info.class will be required by the Jakarta EE 10 platform spec. The latest version of those requirements that I have is:

- spec module name is jakarta.<specName>
- spec provides JPMS module definition (reliance on automatic modules is
  not allowed)
- spec updates provider lookup algorithm to include search on
  module-path (if applicable)
- TCK tests should be updated or provided to ensure a properly
  configured and functional module-info.class

Mark

Thiago