[servlet-dev] Question about CI for Servlet

Hi,

In the Jakarta EE Spec. committee, a question has been raised about the compatible implementation for Servlet. The Spec. ballot referenced Eclipse GlassFish Snapshot release -- is that the test vehicle, or the compatible implementation? If the compatible implementation comes from Servlet project and is pulled into Eclipse GlassFish, perhaps we simply mistakenly referenced GlassFish as the compatible implementation -- and Eclipse GlassFish snapshot was just the vehicle to confirm that the released Servlet implementation passed.

Specification: https://jakarta.ee/specifications/servlet/5.0/

CCR: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/servlet-api/issues/339#issuecomment-701440147

TCK Results: https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/glassfish/certifications/jakarta-servlet/5.0/TCK-Results.html

If the Compatible implementation is Eclipse GlassFish, we will want to use a released version that won't be overwritten. Apparently, Snapshot is viewed as an over-writable release. (I wasn't aware of this nuance.) If we want to use Eclipse GlassFish for this, we will want the release to be tagged and archived for future reference. In this case, we should coordinate these requirements with the GlassFish team as well.

What's the case for this project?

-- Ed

PS if it's any consolation, I don't think that Servlet is necessarily unique in this issue. Separately, the Specification Committee will be working to improve their documentation of requirements for this, for future releases.

Back to the top