Re: [servlet-dev] Jakarta Servlet EE9 status

Hey Mark,

Given the clarification in the above thread I think the correct thing to do is to remove that check mark and have the community work towards an RC. We can then add a link to our RC here to notify others: https://github.com/orgs/eclipse-ee4j/projects/17#column-7346435

Thanks,

Paul Nicolucci

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 4:40 AM Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 22/01/2020 01:22, Paul Nicolucci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have the following issue opened to track the Jakarta Servlet EE9
> progress:
>
> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/servlet-api/issues/286
>
> I noticed that the following was checked off: *Release Candidate (RC) of
> Jakarta API in Maven Central*
>
> However I don't see an RC out on maven central. All I could find was an
> M1 release:
> https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jakarta/servlet/jakarta.servlet-api/5.0.0-M1/
>
> I'll remove the completion check mark for this action until we have an
> RC to avoid confusion on status. If I missed the RC just let me know.

Please don't.

That checkbox is to indicate that an API JAR is available in Maven
Central that is in a suitable state for dependent projects to use for
their own javax -> jakarta transition. The M1 JAR meets that
requirement. JSP has already made use of it.

The reason it is M1 rather than RC1 is that none of the detail (copy
right dates, license headers, versions, OSGI manifest details) was
checked to produce the M1. There was no confidence that M1 would be a
suitable release candidate so it didn't get the RC qualifier.

> I'll also complete the following: *Create Eclipse Release Record
> <https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#pmi-commands-release> in
> your respective Jakarta Specification Project.*
>
> I just wanted to ensure that given previous communication here that
> Servlet 5.0.0 will just be the javax->jakarta rename and we won't be
> including any other content?

That is still under discussion. There may be a small API addition.

Mark