Re: [rt-pmc] EBR Maven Plug-in Dependencies

At face value I don't see any issue approving these prereq dependencies.  Aside from the bnd dependancy I imagine most of these same prereqs are required by tycho.  But ...

I am wondering on the level of activity and health of the EBR project.  It sounds like at least you have been investigating and pushing forward the project.  Is there much other activity to report?  I was getting to the point where I was going to ask the project leadership if the project should be considered for termination.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Gunnar Wagenknecht ---02/02/2014 03:59:50 AM---Greetings RT PMC colleagues, I’ve written a Maven pluGunnar Wagenknecht ---02/02/2014 03:59:50 AM---Greetings RT PMC colleagues, I’ve written a Maven plug-in which will help the EBR project and should

From: Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/02/2014 03:59 AM
Subject: [rt-pmc] EBR Maven Plug-in Dependencies
Sent by: rt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings RT PMC colleagues,

I’ve written a Maven plug-in which will help the EBR project and should be of potential interest for Orbit too. In order to satisfy the requirements of the Eclipse.org IP process we need to have a discussion with regards to the dependencies of this plug-in.

As far as I understand it the following is true:
- Maven must be download and installed separately by the user in order for this plug-in to work.
- The dependencies of this plug-in are downloaded and installed by Maven.
- Neither I nor the EBR project should have any intention of distributing any of the dependencies.
- The EBR project may publish a release of the plug-in into repo.eclipse.org and/or Maven central. Such a release will not contain any dependencies.

Therefore, I’m seeking to get the dependencies on Maven as well as other Maven plug-ins I use approved as prerequisite dependencies (according to [1]). In order to do this, we (the PMC) must discuss and approve this.

Here is the list of intended PREREQ dependencies:
- maven-core (org.apache.maven), version 3.0
- maven-plugin-api (org.apache.maven), version 3.0
- maven-plugin-annotations< (org.apache.maven.plugin-tools), version 3.2
- plexus-utils (org.codehaus.plexus), version 3.0.7
- commons-lang3 (org.apache.commons), version 3.1
- commons-io (org.apache.commons), version 1.3.2
- maven-bundle-plugin (org.apache.felix), version 2.4.0
- bndlib (biz.aQute.bnd), version 2.1.0
- mojo-executor (org.twdata.maven), version 2.2.0

FWIW, I also need the following WORKS-WITH dependency (for testing only):
- junit, version 4.11 (test only; WORKSWITH)

Any feedback is appreciated!

-Gunnar

[1] -
http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Policy_and_Procedure_for_3rd_Party_Dependencies_Final.pdf