[rt-pmc] EBR Maven Plug-in Dependencies

Greetings RT PMC colleagues,

I’ve written a Maven plug-in which will help the EBR project and should be of potential interest for Orbit too. In order to satisfy the requirements of the Eclipse.org IP process we need to have a discussion with regards to the dependencies of this plug-in.

As far as I understand it the following is true:
- Maven must be download and installed separately by the user in order for this plug-in to work.
- The dependencies of this plug-in are downloaded and installed by Maven.
- Neither I nor the EBR project should have any intention of distributing any of the dependencies.
- The EBR project may publish a release of the plug-in into repo.eclipse.org and/or Maven central. Such a release will not contain any dependencies.

Therefore, I’m seeking to get the dependencies on Maven as well as other Maven plug-ins I use approved as prerequisite dependencies (according to [1]). In order to do this, we (the PMC) must discuss and approve this.

Here is the list of intended PREREQ dependencies:
- maven-core (org.apache.maven), version 3.0
- maven-plugin-api (org.apache.maven), version 3.0
- maven-plugin-annotations< (org.apache.maven.plugin-tools), version 3.2
- plexus-utils (org.codehaus.plexus), version 3.0.7
- commons-lang3 (org.apache.commons), version 3.1
- commons-io (org.apache.commons), version 1.3.2
- maven-bundle-plugin (org.apache.felix), version 2.4.0
- bndlib (biz.aQute.bnd), version 2.1.0
- mojo-executor (org.twdata.maven), version 2.2.0

FWIW, I also need the following WORKS-WITH dependency (for testing only):
- junit, version 4.11 (test only; WORKSWITH)

Any feedback is appreciated!

-Gunnar

[1] - http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Policy_and_Procedure_for_3rd_Party_Dependencies_Final.pdf

--