 - Implement key components used to build the various platforms at Eclipse.

Others?

Tom

Inactive hide details for Ian Bull ---11/19/2013 10:34:33 PM---In between EclipseCon submission reviews (thank-you everyone whoIan Bull ---11/19/2013 10:34:33 PM---In between EclipseCon submission reviews (thank-you everyone who submitted a talk, BTW), I took a fi

From: Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/19/2013 10:34 PM
Subject: [rt-pmc] Updated charter
Sent by: rt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

In between EclipseCon submission reviews (thank-you everyone who submitted a talk, BTW), I took a first stab at updating the RT Charter[1]. I've pushed it to GitHub so we can collaborate on it [2].

[1] https://github.com/irbull/rt-charter/blob/master/rt-charter.md
[2] https://github.com/irbull/rt-charter

I removed the OSGi specific parts, which went well for the first few sections. However, the section on 'scope' is entirely about OSGi. This raises the question, what is the scope of an RT Project now? Historically we were all about providing OSGi related technologies (bundles, reference implementations, etc...). Do we have anything defining now? Obviously 'Runtime' technologies, but that can be categorized as everything that's not tooling.

Thoughts?

Ian

http://eclipsesource.com | http://twitter.com/eclipsesource _______________________________________________