Re: [rest-dev] Is support for Java SE Bootstrap in Jakarta Rest 3.1 required for all spec implementors?

Jelemux is checking if we already have some skipping option for this. Stay tuned.

-Markus

Von: rest-dev [mailto:rest-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Jim Krueger
Gesendet: Montag, 15. August 2022 05:12
An: Jakarta Rest project developer discussions
Betreff: Re: [rest-dev] Is support for Java SE Bootstrap in Jakarta Rest 3.1 required for all spec implementors?

Thanks Markus.  This seems to be in-line with what is in issue 509 and I’ve found no discussion to make this a requirement for all compliant products.   However, I believe the only way for us to run the TCK without the Java SE bootstrap tests is to specifically exclude them from our runner.   If  anyone knows of a better way please share.

Also, perhaps we could challenge the user’s guide to clarify the optional aspect of this?  And unless there is disagreement on this point within the community, it would be good to clarify this within section 2.3 of the specification going forward.

Thanks again for your help on this.