[rest-dev] Documentation Clarifications

Hello All,
I think there is a need to clarify that resources, providers and applications should be public and non-final. I say this because of the requirement that they be CDI beans. In the spec there is a provider example which is a final class [1]. That is not a valid CDI bean with the default scope of @ApplicationScoped as the spec indicates it should be.

I also think as the spec moves away from @Context and to using CDI it probably makes sense to make @Provider, @Path and @ApplicationPath stereotypes with a default scope instead of implementations having to solve the issue. It makes it more portable and self-documenting for end users.

I wasn't sure if something like this should require a new issue or just a comment on [2].

[2]: https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/issues/951

--
James R. Perkins
JBoss by Red Hat