Re: [recommenders-dev] Eclipse set up

Hi,

I recently finished the first year of a Master in Computer Science. I have been programming in Java for 2+ years (in Android for about 3 years). However, I have little experience with Eclipse RCP applications, so I've been reading a lot about it these days...

Most of the Java development I have done has been with Eclipse and one of the features that I like the most is the smart code completion (specially Snipmatch). That´s why, I would like to do my bit there.

I'd really appreciate some guidance on how to start with enhancements or fixes. I've been browsing through Bugzilla and there are many tasks to do, but could not determine the expertise or experience necessary for any particular request.

Best regards,

Yasett

Hi Yasett,

> Thanks again. Finally I'm ready and eager to start.

great! Glad to hear that the setup works for you now.

But can you please give us a bit of background information (What's your
programming background? Have you developed Eclipse RCP applications
before? What specifically interests you about Code Recommenders?), so
that we can suggest a few bugs/enhancements to start with? Thank you.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH