Re: [rdf4j-dev] patch vs. minor releases and our git branching workflow
  • From: "Bart Hanssens (BOSA)" <bart.hanssens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 13:59:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=bosa.fgov.be; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=bosa.fgov.be; dkim=pass header.d=bosa.fgov.be; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=LvwN5kOahRfZJt4jGEGenJzkrWr7BDrfYXfyL+/0wgI=; b=GIInnRKaarxZsq4ZRSdJgIJOF1w6UquEDKZFczInfMCyGaCHEY+877+rIJ31EZ9qUqE8SkxpbE0tJ2CrZb0bhw8tGUDd1QmZBuKmYNPgq3LRoMaQgybtsJISETEBZUUpB+3CVQPEFB+lu9DZ++JqFMKKhqAwlZ5pqKLx58KQeZpk3r+QaIvyzRjxV2WYDFovqNP8MxMPj5BC8r025kQ1TOVS87RLFCQMnvy7NbKKl8r0ondQ7jT1LgYboSXfuoBpJ2pGyIBnH4Qlc7Rwii8vDC7NYp7G6kmSseEtPxN57yDF1ZZHs8pRPa/NQVscAfaiVGRZPvgeOkXBZmmZ6FeKcA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=n10+2qYjqay90xl4ZEM1l/XGmNaXgwahrnaQ4ijsB1mvGKPX6MVgnYRnA1ZjA+HXZysaWQwPGeGrdzASw3GhhCka0jaye62Y+mqDiMyRA6FHGoqL7MA5HCFrWNMYAV0naxkZmEx7J5Yck6KCTRnXNM9MuHRFcjuCCVot+NTK9+uHHztY1Mk5U/HBuNNq3afkRos24jmVBS+lNTSgT1Jwn36BaNLqXlDeaxPsTbV09SG0Z2OrzXIcRzo4RZe+LI17z9k8BGCpeKap7V4zJdQk1uGpCXf4VWkT1B7eaV+c40Z1WKZuuc95BEBf74nIScelBfBPPCNXbGBp9D2w8P91OA==

Hi,

Well, I haven’t been as active coding as I would like to be, so either setup is fine with me.

On master vs main… Not a big change, so if that would somehow help to increase the number of contributors, why not 😊

But I don’t think it’s a good idea to ask user to donate to an organization or take a particular stance...

Personally I’m quite fond of initiatives like HackYourFuture or charity sales from e.g. HumbleBundle ,

but Eclipse RDF4j is an open source software project.

No politics involved, just good software and nice people working on a common project….which is a good thing IMHO.

Best regards

Bart