[rdf4j-dev] ElasticsearchStore

Welcome back from your holiday Jeen!

I’ve been working on the ElasticsearchStore while you’ve been away, and it’s coming along nicely. Quite a few of the compliance tests are passing now and performance is fairly decent. Still a fair amount of more work needed.

Currently supported:
 - adding
 - querying
 - deleting
 - updating
 - rollback
 - read committed isolation
 - batch
 - connection reuse

One thing I’m not currently supporting is init after shutdown. I feel that shutdown is analogous to close, which means that it’s a final operation. Especially now that init is a lazy operation, it seems strange that it should be possible to shutdown a store and then still get a connection and update it. The reason why I’m brining it up is because getting a connection to Elasticsearch takes around 1 second so I need to have a store-wide connection that gets created on init and closed on shutdown. I also have a GC watcher that closes the connection if the store object gets garbage collected.

Any opinions on moving away from init after shutdown? Users can still create a new store object and initialise that instead.

Håvard

Back to the top