[rdf4j-dev] Where next?

So, RDF4J 2.1 is out the door, and we have a decent documentation site up and running. So where next?

As previously discussed, we are on an 8-week release cycle, which means RDF4J 2.2 is tentatively scheduled for December 22.

Now is the time to start discussing what should go into that release!

Give me your thoughts on enhancements and new features that you think are a priority and/or you have time to work on.

My 2 cents regarding what should go into RDF4J 2.2:

- an improved design for setting configuration parameters on the Sail (see GitHub #576).
- improved logging for the SPIN reasoner (see GitHub #601).
- possibly: math operations on calendar datatypes (see https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/524 )
- simplified programmatic configuration of strict/extended query evaluation  (no issue yet)

Also, again: I need extra hands to write documentation. Especially regarding use of Lucene, SPIN, and GeoSPARQL our documentation is inadequate - plus I reckon I need eyeballs to check our current documentation and fish out mistakes. Sorry to put it so bluntly but: your cool new feature is useless unless documented. Happy to help with wording, formatting and generally fitting it in, but I need you people to feed me the raw content (in more than two words, preferably).

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top