Von: rap-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rap-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von stefan.bente@xxxxxxx
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. März 2008 17:25
An: rap-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [rap-dev] Terminology question: Is Eclipse+RAP a "web RCP" ?

Hi,

this is a terminology question, which keeps bothering me since I cannot properly name (i.e. with a term that generally accepted) what you get when you use RAP for building a rich client in web.

"RIA" is only covering only a part of it (the AJAX-driven "GUI like" rich user experience). In addition to that, RAP gives you
- independent development/deployment of UI modules on a common framework
- standardized layout
- centralized resource management
etc., i.e. all the RCP goodies that Eclipse provides, but this time for web applications.

What term would you propose for this pretty unique feature package ? I am currently calling it "web RCP" in my internal papers, but this is not really used anywhere else. Opinions welcome.

BR
Stefan

Nokia Networks GmbH, Heltorfer Str. 1, D-40472 Düsseldorf
Mobile: +49 151 5515 3980, Direct: +49 211 9412 3980

Nokia Siemens Networks Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bochum / Registered office: Bochum
Registergericht: Bochum / Commercial registry: Bochum, HRB 11180 Geschäftsführung / Managing Directors: Dr. Ulrich Halka, Lydia Sommer

Important Note: This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may contain trade secrets and may well also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient please understand that you must not copy this e-mail or any attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. Thank you for your cooperation.

Wichtiger Hinweis: Dieses E-Mail und etwaige Anlagen können Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse, dem Anwaltsgeheimnis unterliegende oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie dieses E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen der Status dieses E-Mails bekannt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns in diesem Fall sofort durch Antwort-Mail und löschen Sie dieses E-Mail nebst etwaigen Anlagen von Ihrem System. Ebenso dürfen Sie dieses E-Mail oder seine Anlagen nicht kopieren oder an Dritte weitergeben.
Vielen Dank.