[ptp-dev] PTP 4.0 help - identifying as PTP in Helios big help collection

With the Helios release, all our help files can appear in the Helios large bundle of help on the website.
This is a great way to promote PTP.

Our help files are a bit disjoint.
We don't have a common root, so there are several things that have their own entry in the table of contents.
Some of them Have a "PTP:" prefix, so at least they sort together and I hope it's obvious they are part of PTP.
Others, not so much.

I propose that all PTP help plugins have a common prefix so they sort together.
The main PTP Core help plugin is entitled "Parallel Tools Platform User Guide" so that doesn't sort with the others either.

The alternative is that we put them under a common root.
But I think that's perhaps too disruptive at this late date.

Also I think each help plugin, on its main toc page or at least in the first 'overview' type page,
have some verbiage saying it's part of PTP. Otherwise if encountered on the big Helios help site, there will be no
indication of where it came from.

Anyone have any problem with my fixing the above with minor changes to the helps?

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top