[ptp-dev] Photran update (in lieu of monthly call)

Since I won't be on the PTP monthly call next week, here's a status update for Photran.
  • Photran is ready for a final Helios build.  Our part of the N&N wiki page is up to date.  We are using message bundles and support Unicode (in Fortran comments, the only place where it makes sense).  There are some areas where we aren't totally Helios-compliant (e.g., we haven't done accessibility testing), but message bundles and Unicode support were the most intrusive changes, and they're done.
  • We have six undergrads working on Photran this summer at UIUC.  I'll post to photran-dev as we nail down their plans.  Three (Rui, Esfar, and Ashley) have started so far and have been doing excellent work.
  • Mariano Mendez (one of Alejandra Garrido's students at the University of La Plata) is working on several refactorings for modernizing old Fortran code, including conversion from fixed to free form.  He is also maintaining http://www.fortranrefactoring.com.ar which is tracking the status of refactorings in Photran.  (I think he plans to publicize that soon...)
  • I am updating Bugzilla priorities to correspond to Photran 7 (next year's release).  At the moment, here are my three highest and most immediate priorities:
Jeff

Back to the top