Re: [ptp-dev] API tooling

Sure. You've marked interfaces as provisional, right?

Greg

On May 21, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm a bit concerned with declaring RDT to be API yet, as there is still work to be done to move the RSE specific implementation into its own plugin. I want to leave it provisional for now till we have a chance to fix that.

We can set all the RDT packages to be x-internal=true, and then the API tooling will ignore them.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

<graycol.gif>Greg Watson ---05/20/2010 06:17:06 PM---Hi, You may have noticed that I've now enabled API tooling on all PTP plugins (except Photran, sorry

<ecblank.gif>
From:
<ecblank.gif>
Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<ecblank.gif>
To:
<ecblank.gif>
<ecblank.gif>
Date:
<ecblank.gif>
05/20/2010 06:17 PM
<ecblank.gif>
Subject:
<ecblank.gif>
[ptp-dev] API tooling
<ecblank.gif>
Sent by:
<ecblank.gif>
ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

You may have noticed that I've now enabled API tooling on all PTP plugins (except Photran, sorry Jeff). I've also (hopefully) fixed up all the API issues that were discovered doing this.

PTP developers should now configure their environments for API tooling, and ensure that API issues are addressed. We can no longer accept commits that break API rules. There is some good documentation on setting up and using API tooling here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/API_Tools/User_Guide

Also, I've updated the PTP developer guidelines with some additional information regarding error/warning settings for the Java compiler (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/policy/developer_guidelines). I'd appreciate it if everyone would make sure their environments are configure appropriately.

Thanks,

ptp-dev mailing list
ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx