[platform-webdav-dev] What are the Platform plans for Team/FTP?

Hello,

The DSDP-Target Management Project deals with connecting to remote
systems
and working on them through a variety of protocols. Some of our clients
are also interested in FTP. See http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

I was wondering what the Platform's plans are for the Team/Extras FTP
component. I looked at the sources that come with the 3.2rc3 Team/Extras
package, and all APIs are declared provisional. I couldn't even find
the plugin in the Platform CVS Repository to see when latest changes
have been made and who is working on it.

So, I hope to get some answers on this mailing list -
* Whom can I contact regarding Team/FTP?
* What are the plans going forward?

It might make sense to join forces. Our project is working on common
protocol abstractions, including data transfer; Eclipse Communication
Framework (ECF) also did an FTP implementation, see
http://www.eclipse.org/ecf

Thanks,
Martin

--