[platform-vision] Showcasing the functionalities

As much as the platform vision group is about taking the platform forward, I think it is also our duty to establish a strategy to share Eclipse functionalities with our users. Indeed, if you look around on various forums or IDE comparisons, most of the time the features that are raved about in other IDEs are also available in Eclipse but are not well known, or enabled.

To help solve this problem, I'd like to start a reflection on how to better promote Eclipse functionalities to our users.

Here is my initial opinion:
- Multiple medias are necessary to promote the functionalities. For example, promoting the usage of a keyboard shortcut (e.g. think Ctrl+o to open outline) is not the same as showing people how to carry on a task (e.g. use the interactive rebase), or enable a preference. As such I think we need to be able to deliver content using either just text in a single sentence, using text and a screenshot or a video.

- Complementary channels are necessary to reach users. Here are those that I have in mind:
    - Youtube channel: Use the EF youtube channel to publish videos
- Tweets: Use twitter with specific hash tags (e.g. #ide #java) to publish single line tips and tricks, and even those accompanied with a simple image. Twitter could also be used to post links to the youtube videos

- Content needs to be published on behalf of the EF, but the content could be provided by the committers.

What do you think?

Pascal

Back to the top