Re: [platform-vision] Compensator - The-Back-to-the-Roots-IDE

Thanks Tom.

Feels to me that it is a good time to have an UI toolkit independent from Oracle product plans like SWT or QT. AFAIK JetBrains has for example severe issues on the Mac with Java > 6.

I also think that the SWT development is currently doing great stuff (like the new support for transparency), so IMHO the gap is starting to get smaller. Also independent developments start to close some of the gaps, for example there is a styleable scrollbar available, see http://blog.vogella.com/2015/01/26/nattable-with-custom-scrollbars/ for an example integration into NatTable.

Best regards, Lars