[platform-vision] Follow-Up on Last Week's Call

In last week's call we discussed several topics where I promised to share more details. Here you go:

Eclipse Workspace in the Cloud (Eclipse Drive)
As mentioned, this is (just) an idea from parts of the Eclipse SWT team in India, mainly driven by Niraj. There is no code (yet).

Prioritized Bug List for Platform UI
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Plan/4.5/Planning_Bugs

Language Agnostic Tooling / Language Tool Kit (LTK) Attempts
Such attempts have been made in the past and failed when it came to do real work. Here are the two most prominent ones:

- http://www.eclipse.org/org/langsymp/ - long time ago in 2005 we tried to find/build a common ground. That effort died for several reasons: complexity, existing code worked, focus on new features more important for projects (e.g. adopt new Java versions), lack of resources, ....

- Bug 36939 - Improve support for Java-like source files
Many people showed interest (see bug report) and we created a JDT Core fork on e4: http://git.eclipse.org/c/e4/org.eclipse.jdt.core.git/. That fork zero commits.

Last year a new feature request was raised with bug 415563: Move generic parts of JDT to (D)LTK

Dani