Re: [platform-ui-dev] All Day Test Pass for 3.6 RC1: Monday, May 17th

re "test eclipse on the various platforms" --
Please remember that the purpose of this testing is to make sure *everything* works. It isn't enough to just run an Eclipse on a particular platform and then "do what you always do". Examples of the kinds of things you should be doing include:

- Try operations you don't usually use (both by picking them from the menus and using the matching key sequences)
- Start multiple operations at once, then try to stop individual ones, or close Eclipse while they are running, or...
- Change the layouts of the view and editors
- Open every view in a single perspective
- Tear off views and make sure they still work
- Try editing stupidly large files
- ...

I'm sure you can think of many more things than I have, but basically the task is to make Eclipse *hurt*, and prove that it can stand the punishment.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for Paul Webster ---2010/05/17 05:58:50 AM---Just a reminder that Monday is the 3.6 RC1 test day.Paul Webster ---2010/05/17 05:58:50 AM---Just a reminder that Monday is the 3.6 RC1 test day.

Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

2010/05/17 05:58 AM

[platform-ui-dev] All Day Test Pass for 3.6 RC1: Monday, May 17th

Just a reminder that Monday is the 3.6 RC1 test day.

We need to verify all of our bugs (search query on the wiki) and test
eclipse on the various platforms.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Testing

We test on the declared RC1 build.

RC2 schedule: