Re: [platform-ui-dev] bug moving begins in earnest....

+1.

When I started moving some of the old bugs, I started with high hopes of closing quite a few bugs. But I found that many of the old ones were either platform specific, or required more than a cursory knowledge of the component. I tried a few steps and made annotations where I could, but overall it was pretty laborious to context switch across components as Markus mentioned.

It might be worth having the occasional "kill the old bugs day" where component owners are all focused on trying to close the ones that are truly fixed or no longer valid. For that matter, we could get the community involved in trying to replicate old bugs and commenting on their status. Sometimes a simple ping of "this is still true" or "I don't think this is valid anymore" on a bug will be enough to get the component owner to take another look.

susan
Inactive hide details for Markus Keller <markus_keller@xxxxxxxxxx>Markus Keller <markus_keller@xxxxxxxxxx>

          Markus Keller <markus_keller@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/11/2009 08:22 AM
          Please respond to "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."