[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[platform-ui-dev] documenting things
- From: "Francis Upton" <francisu@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 19:50:42 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Opera Mail/9.64 (Linux)
I'm trying to learn databinding; I'm working in release 3.4.2, and the
only documentation I can find is the Wiki.
This is not really that helpful to me, as the Wiki is for the current
release, which is quite a bit different than 3.4.2 (as near as I can tell).
I'm also a bit disturbed that there seems to be a culture in Platform UI
about documenting things in the Wiki, rather than in the actual product
documentation (the ISV guide). I really don't think it serves our clients
for two reasons:
1) The correct version is not captured (as related in my comment above)
2) People should not be expected to try to find stuff in the Wiki, I know
when I need help the first place I go to is the product's help. That's
where the most complete and accurate information should go.
I know it take some extra effort to do this, but it's really not all that
bad, and it *will really* help out our clients. Our stuff is hard enough
to use even when well documented.
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
- Dr Seuss, Oh the Places You'll Go
Francis Upton IV
Tel 510 835 3123
Fax 510 779 5226
Cell 510 432 1589