Re: [platform-ui-dev] Need more M6 testing
fyi, I am investigating some p2 UI bugs to see if they are serious enough to fix for M6. So while I'm not preparing for EclipseCon, I am also not much help for additional testing today....(sorry). Perhaps tomorrow.
Looking at the list of bugs (191!) we fixed for M6 we should spend more time on testing. Any help we can get, especially testing the common navigator, would be appreciated.
Boris Bokowski <Boris_Bokowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
We need a solid M6, this build is going to be used widely due to EclipseCon.
Here is the list:
High-level overview of features that need testing:
- Common Navigator (lots of fixes went in). Note that the CN not only appears as the Project Explorer view in the SDK, but also in the Synchronize view, and in the wizard for setting up a new synchronization.
- Multi-instance Properties view (new)
- Workspaces property page, under General > Startup and Shutdown (new)
- Open Type (Ctrl+T) and Open Resource (Ctrl+R) (bug fixes)
- Extensible About dialog with p2 tabs (new)
- status handling a.k.a. error dialog (several bug fixes)
In particular, do we know any downstream clients of the common navigator personally? Could we get them to test their use cases, ideally today, using a recent build? I20090311-0100 had a compile error, but I20090311-0800 is looking good so far.
In addition to any outside help we may get, I would like everyone on the team to do more testing today and tomorrow. If you are busy preparing for EclipseCon you are exempt.
platform-ui-dev mailing list