[platform-ui-dev] UI Guidelines v2.1 Feedback

Given the increasing use of hyperlinks in Eclipse, I was wondering if it would be appropriate to establish some guidelines as to their use.  There seems to be two general uses, as traditional hyperlinks to navigate to a different location (for example, the File Assocations, Content Types and Appearance links on the General->Editors preference page) and to open dialogs/wizards (for example, the Configure Project Specific Settings... link on the Java->Compiler preference page).  My specific area of confusion lies in the latter use case, its not clear to me under what circumstances I should be using a button and under what circumstances I should be using a hyperlink.  If you could provide a guideline to go by, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Keep your stick on the ice,

David Brandow
Sybase Engineering

Back to the top