[platform-ui-dev] Repositioning the main toolbar to the bottom of the screen

Title: Repositioning the main toolbar to the bottom of the screen

Im currently developing an Eclipse 3.1.2 RCP touch screen application for the South Australia Polices patrol cars.  Ive had success developing a custom presentation factory and a set of custom widgets, but Ive got just one major outstanding question that Im having some trouble with.

I need some sort of fixed toolbar at the bottom of the application at all times to allow access to function like virtual keyboard etc.  Is there some way of repositioning the main coolbar to appear down at the bottom, above the status line?  A sticky-view type of thing might work if only I could prevent it from being resized (and if I could find some good documentation on sticky views).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Craig Burlock, Analyst Programmer

South Australia Police

Major Projects Group