Re: [platform-ui-dev] Wizard pages show up blank

Jim,

Could you please open a bug report for this against Eclipse/Platform/UI?
http://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs

The code below may be a red herring - it's just checking for the case
where the specified visibility is the same as already set in the OS.

Thanks,
Nick

Jim Zhang <jzhang@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/01/2005 12:27 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-ui-dev] Wizard pages show up blank

Upon closer inspection I found that when the page in question does not
show up correctly, the following code in the class
"org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control" exits from the line marked below,
whereas when it does show up correctly it continues on in the method:

public void setVisible (boolean visible) {
        checkWidget ();
        if (drawCount != 0) {
                if (((state & HIDDEN) == 0) == visible) return;
        } else {
                int bits = OS.GetWindowLong (handle, OS.GWL_STYLE);
                if (((bits & OS.WS_VISIBLE) != 0) == visible) return;
<<<======== exit from this line when not working
        }
        if (visible) {
                sendEvent (SWT.Show);
                if (isDisposed ()) return;
        }
}

I'm not familiar with that block on code.  What does it mean?  Any ideas
on why it would "fail" from there?

Again any advice is appreciated.

Jim Zhang/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/30/2005 09:58 PM
Please respond to "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."