RE: [platform-ui-dev] Window/page/perspective rework

Opening a new window will use the same perspective type as the one active
from the window you made the request.

Tearing off a perspective shortcut item is a possible feature. We'll see...

Please note there are a couple of bugs with the current implementation and
also none of the plug-ins are using the new API yet. So things are not
behaving yet as planned.

Simon :-)

                      "Randy Hudson"
                      <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>           To:      platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      platform-ui-dev-admin@         Subject: RE: [platform-ui-dev] Window/page/perspective rework
                      eclipse.org

                      03/06/2002 10:25 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ui-dev

What about the ability to tear off a perspective from a window that has
more than 1 open?

Then Scott, and me probably, would go through the normal actions, and then
tear off the perspective after it gets opened.

When I open a new window, will it be in the same perspective as the one
from which I made the request?

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           "Scott Stanchfield"   |
|         |           <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           platform-ui-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           03/06/2002 09:33 AM   |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           platform-ui-dev       |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  RE: [platform-ui-dev] Window/page/perspective rework

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

> I suspect you're not the only one who prefers the button.  We'll consider
> adding it back.

Cool...

> For opening new windows, use Window / New Window, then switch the
> perspective.

Did that -- works ok, but since that's the "default mode" I like to work in
(one perspective per window), it means a lot of extra work to open a
perspective.

> Our preference is to decouple the action of opening a window (creating a

"preference" being the operative word here -- can it be made one?

-- Scott