Re: [platform-ui-dev] Stacked Views/CTabFolder mockup (nt)

What was the purpose of the new tab style? What problems were you trying to
address?

Looking at the image you sent, I have a hard time figuring out which view
is active (packages or console) since both have the blue gradient. Was this
an oversight?

I find the coloring of the active view's tab (which seems to the the
packages one) too non-noticable compared to the blue gradient.

I also find the color for the inactive tabs (like the navigator one) too
"dim" - light background with light text ==> very hard to read. It almost
seems the background is some gray gradient...is that so or is this just
poor image capture quality). I find using the gray gradient in this case
overloads it use.

How would the package view be displayed if the navigator view is closed?
Does it keep the tab?

How come the console view has a label in the blue gradient but the package
view does not?

Aside from the coloring issues, it is an interesting idea - that is, views
and editors sort of look the same (Tab with icon, label, and close icon ...
I would add the close icon to be consistent). Views would then have a tool
bar under the tab.

Simon :-)

                      "Randy Hudson"
                      <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>           To:      platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx