Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT_AWT Java3d

I can't speak for the SWT_AWT bridge, but I can talk to OpenGL and SWT.  In a nutshell, it works.  I've been playing around with drawing in 2D using OpenGL and SWTs GLCanvas, and I've made significant progress.  I started out using a combination of LWJGL and C++ and found that I only need a very thin API between Java and OpenGL, so I'm working on my own JNI code to interface to OpenGL with the bulk of the rendering done in C++.  I'm currently playing around with the idea of a Canvas2D that can resize, pan, and zoom.  Rendering is fast - blazingly fast - my code spends most of it's time loading and decompressing the data and almost no time rendering.  If you want to give OpenGL a try, I highly recommend trying LWJGL as it's available as a bundle that you can simply drop into your target platform.  Also, If you are using Eclipse 3.5, you will want to get the latest build as previous builds have a very nasty GLCanvas bug.

Bryan