Re: [platform-dev] most performant way to paint a (platform-specific) pixel-array

Hi Christoph,

That approach is generally the recommended way to paint images in SWT. Painting of a pre-created Image should be as fast as the OS allows.
Have you measured the times involved? Which phase do you need to speed up:
  1. creating ImageData,
  2. creating Image from ImageData, or
  3. painting Image?
If 1, see if you can directly manipulate the ImageData’s data, or using setPixels.
If 2, check which image format you’re using — it may not map directly to the native display, and thus be expensive to convert.
If 3, I’d be surprised, but it would be good to know details and the times for 1,2,3.

Best, Nick