Re: [platform-dev] MacOS .dmg vs .tar.gz

> On 14 Oct 2020, at 09:56, Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  the web pages don't present this to the user because it's just not very usable for an end-user given all the protections in place on MacOS.

This is a bit weird, I have difficulties to understand why, according to multiple opinions, archives are considered 'not very usable', while for three years all my GNU MCU Eclipse macOS releases were plain archives and tens of thousands of users had no problems to install them.

And nobody ever complained for having to remove the quarantine extended attribute added by the browser after download.

For those who missed my previous message, here is how the new Download page looks like:

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.embed-cdt/downloads

It is a simple and clear notice, hard to miss.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top